Friday, January 25, 2013

Style Inspiration: Combining Rough & Tumble with Soft & Feminine

My style is a complete and utter contridiction. Generally, I stick to my signature fem-boheme look, characterized by dreamy, feminine pieces with a bohemian vibe. Take a look around my wardrobe and you will find earthy tones, delicate vintage inspired pieces, and an overabundance of ivory lace.
As of late though I have been embracing my rougher side. Pieces made of vegan leather, studded chucks, and rocker T's are now juxtaposed to my uber fem frocks. I have alwas kept these looks seperate from one another, wearing either one style or the other. However, when I happened upon Free People's Vintage Love's catalog titled Sugar Magnolia, I was inspired to merge the two. The combination of hard and soft, of leather and lace, makes for a truly inspired, unique style. No longer will I feel the need to choose between the two. I suppose I will have to come up with a new label for this style hybrid.
 
I'm feeling inspired by this lovely combo...I'm thinking this may have to be the theme for next week's Daily Style posts. Come back and check it out.
 
1 2 3 4 5

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination of tough and feminine! Makes for a great "opposites" sort of look!

    Burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete