Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Embrace the Moment & Live in the Present

 
I have a horrible tendency of rushing life away. My consiousness is constantly drifting to what I have to do next, to where I am going, rather than being fully engaged in the moment; I fail to stop and take a minute to mindfully embrace what I am doing. In order to change this habit I have made a commitment to be fully present as I go throughout my day, to be engaged in the moment.
 
It is definitely a challange to reign in my wandering mind. Distraction is comfortable. However, when I fully engage myself in the present and live mindfully I feel so much better, almost lighter. The sun feels a bit warmer, the night a bit darker, emotionals feel just a bit more intense, deeper in a way, and more real. And in that moment, when I am fully present, I feel as though I am truly living, no longer rushing through life in a state of automated existance. And life has never felt sweeter.
 
Take a moment today to live in the present. Start small, go for a walk. Feel the sun on your skin, listen to the sounds, feel the ground beneath your feet, the wind in your hair. Truly engage yourself in the moment. Be present. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm the say way, always rushing around. I have to make a conscious effort to stay in the moment. Thanks for the reminder :)

    MacK @ SoulMakes Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! So true, we sometimes need to slow down and appreciate what we already have.

    -Jacqui, burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete