Monday, January 14, 2013

A Peek at Free People's Blogger Retreat: Benefits of Blogging


I am an avid reader of Free People's blog BLDG25. BLDG25 is a constant source of inspiration with their unique, whimsical images and thought provoking posts. So when the blog team announced that they would be conducting a Blogger Retreat at the Free People home offices, I jumped at the chance. The class, conducted by the BLDG25 blog team, was informative and inspiring.  I took a lot away from this class and was completely reinvigorated, ready to revamp my blog and really commit myself to it.  

As the editor of BLDG25, Shani Silver, pointed out in class, bloggers have no editors; blogging is inherently free.  I think perhaps that freedom, the ability to pursue any topic, to allow my words to flow freely and my mind to roam, is the very reason why I fell in love with blogging in the first place.  Writing is an incredibly freeing experience for me, allowing me to express myself creatively and indulge in all of the things that inspire and intrigue me.  


 A look inside Free People's home office!

 BLDG25's Bridgette and some of the lovely bloggers from the retreat taking pictures outside of the Free People offices.


 Inspiration every where you turn.

For those looking for a way to express themselves, I highly recommend starting a blog.  The positives of blogging are endless...but just to name a few:

The freedom to write about anything.  Really, anything.  The possibilities are endless!

Blogging is a great way to get those creative juices flowing.  Find what inspires you and allow that creative energy to guide you!

You have the ability to inspire others!  That is a truly beautiful thing.  Take what intrigues you and share it with the world. You never know who might find beauty in your words or pictures. 



If you want to be a part of a Free People Blogger Retreat (and I highly recommend that you do), or are in need of a little inspiration to get you going on this dreary monday, visit Free People's blog BLDG25. Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a very good time and inspiring! blogging is tons of fun, and I like yours very much~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there too!! It was such and amazing experience.
    These pics are great! Love your blog :)


    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a truly beautiful and inspiring day! Snow thank you so much, I am glad you like the blog! Lauren it is a shame we didn't get to talk! Thank you very much for your kind comment, I am so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Great event!

    Burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete