Sunday, June 23, 2013

Forget The Rules



I recently came across a quote while perusing the Pinterest that left quite a mark on me; it read "forget the rules, if you like it wear it."  We are confined by so many sartorial rules: don't wear white after labor day, remove one accessory before leaving the house, match your shoes to your bag, etc, etc.  It is all so limiting, to stifling.  To me, style is a form of self expression, a wearable form of art, and a very personal depiction of your innermost self.  Whose to say we should put rules to style, to the way we present ourselves to the world.  I say to hell with the rules.  If you want to wear an indian head dress or hand-painted wooden clogs by all means my fearless fashionistas don your finest.  Forget the rules.  If you like it, wear it.



one 

No comments:

Post a Comment