Monday, March 4, 2013

Daily Style: Breaking Out My Spring Wardrobe


 Dress: Free People | Hat: Free People | Slip: Free People | Boots:Jeffrey Campbell


In anticipation for spring I have been adding new pieces to my warm weather wardrobe.  I could not wait to wear them any longer so I broke out some of my favorite new pieces this weekend! It was love at first sight with the beautiful little lacy number. It took almost no time at all for me to snatch it up off of Free People's website. You can never have enough lace.  

When I am styling such a feminine piece I like to add a little contrast,a little rugged touch to harden up the look.  These leather boots have seen it all.  They're perfectly worn in.  And they're the perfect amount of rough and tumble to harden up even the girliest of looks.  

And of course I have to talk about the hat.  I have been on a hunt for the perfect boho inspired hat for years.  No exaggeration.  Years.  When I found this little beauty among Free People's collection of floppy felt fedoras I knew it was the one.  Forget men, I lust after hats.  It is subtle enough to go with any outfit, yet the attention to detail makes it so unique, its the perfect statement piece.  I wear this to top off casual jeans and a tee, or paired with a whimsical sundress.  And it is the perfect piece to finish off this look.

What have you been buying for spring?  Send me a picture, I'd love to feature you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that dress! It's gorgeous on you :) I can't wait for warm weather and shorts! Plus, I'm super excited about Free People's March collection - so good.

    xx
    MacK @ SoulMakes Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! isn't their collection so beautiful?! I want it all- so whimsical!

      Delete
  2. You make lace look so effortless! This is a gorgeous outfit and i love how you paired it with the boots! For this spring, i've been really into jackets, spring appropriate jackets!

    -Jacqui, burgundywhispers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jacqui! Lace is definitely my weakness...my closet is filed with it! I would love to see some of the jackets you'll be sporting this spring! hopefully I'll see them on your blog :)

      Delete